Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kaleidoscope Star Quilt


This was probably the most interesting quilt I've ever made.
I chose an oriental theme for my focus fabric.
 The repeats in the pattern of the fabric were segmented
and stacked on top of each other six times,
triangles cut from each set of six,
which were then pieced into a hexagon.
The resulting pattern for each
of the 18 hexagons in this quilt is unique.


 I've shown only 6 of them.
 I like the 'movement' in each block.
  The colours are incredible.
 I couldn't stop sewing this quilt because
my expectations kept on building.


It isn't until all the blocks are sewn
that one can appreciate the magic
that is created from one focal fabric.

The quilt was machine quilted by an independent long-arm quilter.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Your choice of fabric has certainly made for some very gorgeous blocks. All very different and exciting. Would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please drop by the next time you're in Michigan! I'd love to share it with you. Must say it was an exciting experience watching the blocks 'bloom'!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.