Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sandy Quilt Block Drive - At the Finish Line

Voila!  I'm so excited to unveil my finished blocks for the Sandy Quilt Block Drive.



My 10 blocks and quilt label are ready to be shipped to the team leader.  She will turn the blocks into wonky log cabin blocks and then will use her longarm quilting machine to layer and finish the quilt.  Each quilt uses 42 blocks, so my 10 will be a small part of the whole quilt that will be presented to someone who needs it.

Each block finished at 10-1/2".



Vertical sashing strips were cut at 10-1/2 "L x 2-1/2"W.



The vertical strips were sewn to two opposite sides of each block and pressed away from the center of the block. Horizontal strips were then cut at 14-1/2"L x 2-1/2"W, sewn to the two remaining sides and pressed away from the center of the block.



The black borders make the center of the blocks pop!  Take a look at two blocks with and four without borders.



The other requirement was to provide the team leader with a 5" square quilt label which will be sewn to the back of the quilt.  I designed it on the computer. To use up the entire sheet of printer fabric, I created two labels. One will accompany my first 10 blocks and the other has been set aside for my next shipment.



Making these quilt blocks was a lot of fun and made a small dent in my stash of scraps.  It's going towards a good cause which adds to my sense of satisfaction. 

My hope is that you will be inspired to help out, too! 

Cheers!


Related Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.